Villa Brunati Ferrari

The original building of the seventeenth century is located on the road that leads to the historic center, on the corner with the road that leads to the port.

Villa Brunati Ferrari: (XVII century) On the road there is not a prospectus worthy of note; Instead, the simple portal crossed, in the courtyard, on the left, the body of the villa with a linear plan. It consists of a large portico of nine bays with simple ashlar pillars, without plinth, without capital, which are connected without interruption with the ashlar of the arch and the wall up to the stringcourse on which the windows rest, framed by jambs formed by light drafts. Very high windows, under the eaves, open small windows. towards the lake the short façade repeats the motifs of the long façade on the courtyard, with three doors instead of the arches that open onto a balcony with a balustrade and a staircase that goes down into the garden. The central window has a nice wrought iron balcony. Under the portico, in the large lunettes of the vaults, pleasant landscapes were created by the Venetian artists, friends of Molmenti, such as Ettore Tito, Alessandro Milesi, Domenico Morelli and others.

Villa Brunati Ferrari it was originally from the Salodian family of Brunati and was brought as a dowry from the last of this family to her husband Pompeo Molmenti. He was born in Venice in 1852 and died in Rome in 1928. Famous art critic, writer, man of many activities, took part in public life, was a deputy for the college of Salò, then Senator and was the first undersecretary of Fine Arts. The villa of Moniga was for him the favorite residence after Venice. At his death the villa passed into many properties and today it is from Mrs Anna Ferrari Bertanza of Milan.

Historical sources Fausto Lechi, “Dimore Bresciane, in cinque secoli di storia”